Thursday, March 11, 2010

Calm Before The Homework

Reece's last day of swimming lessons was yesterday. Overall he did very good! I am going to wait for his attention span to grow before signing him up again. After getting close to knocking his head on the diving board when he fearlessly leaped off, I'd like him to be a little older next time so he can follow instructions.


I've wrapped up Term 1 at Doane and have a break this week from that school. I am still finishing up my Algebra class with SCC. That comes to an end next Wednesday. Term 2 at Doane starts next week so there will be a bit of an overlap. I signed up for five classes today at Doane and the girl registering my classes looked at me like I was nuts. That and the bill for the term made me second guess my work load... Not to mention the combo of Pre-calc with Managerial Accounting. Being that these are eight week terms, they are even more fast paced than SCC. I'll have a couple weeks off to catch my breath in May.

Plans are underway for Texas. I think Mike and I are holding our breath as to how well the kids will do. Mainly, Reece getting through the long trip there and back plus getting enough sleep so his world isn't constantly setting him off, and the girls existing peacefully in each other's presence. Renting a larger car is going to make too big of a dent in the bank, so my Stratus will have to do... hopefully.

Reece's double-ear infections continue! He started his third round of antibiotics today. I think he's become immune to them! Dr. Houston said if this doesn't work, then she's going to try the antibiotic shot (starts with an "R"), then if that doesn't work, off to the ENT doctor. I'm ready for him to get tubes put in now.

So, all-in-all, not much has changed since my last entry. Picture setup is still taking me awhile. I still need more practice!

4 comments:

  1. Anne: Wonderful progress on the layout! I'm proud of you.
    Next time you're over, I can show you some tricks to making it go faster.
    Enjoy the trip....... and rethink that course load!! Sounds awfully aggressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How well the "kids" will do??? I'm more worried about how I will do... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, John, and that sounds good! Any way I can save time. :) And I agree about aggressive. I'm sticking to just 3 classes after this term.
    ...
    Mike, I don't know if we'll have any hair left when we return. If we do, it'll be gray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. intercepts...i think i just broke out in a cold sweat!

    ReplyDelete