I've received some responses that some of you are having issues commenting on this blog. For some, it wouldn't accept the entry you typed for the numbers/letters security image and for others you'd get an error. I've noticed that on Blogspot when I've commented on other's blogs. Sometimes I'd have to try a few times for each problem before my comment was accepted. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe you'll have to create a Gmail account if you want your name posted, otherwise you can comment as 'Anonymous' and just add your name in the message.
Story behind the Miller truck. Every Tuesday (I think), a bright white Miller beer truck would pull in and park right in front of the west exterior wall that's full of mostly window openings at my old work. It was hard to miss because of the reflection it brought into the building. On the side and rear of the truck, there is a large logo saying "It's Miller Time", so the joke between Mike and I was him letting me know that, "[My] ride is here" when the truck pulled in. Can someone let them know that they need to pick me up on 52nd & Prescott now?After getting stuck in the snow and ice in my neighborhood last Friday morning, and getting a ticket for blocking 54th St. and abandoning my car to fetch a shovel, I have composed and sent off a letter (yes, politely written) to Chief Casady to get the scoop on this policy. The letter was sent on Monday and so far I've heard nothing back. I would be pleasantly surprised if the letter even makes it to him and I do hear something... anything. I'll keep you posted.
Michael, Madison, Breanna, and I went to the performance, STOMP, on Tuesday evening. It was like Tap Dance Meets Percussion. Eight performers danced and used everyday objects, like brooms, aluminum garbage cans, paint cans, match boxes, tubes, oil drums, etc. to create fantastic beats. They had the audience participate with different clapping rhythms, so that was nice to get involved. The girls seemed to enjoy it, too. Maddie could probably relate to the dance, and Breanna to the drumming.
My 5-minute presentation using PowerPoint went well on Wednesday. Mike and I scouted out a building with the help of Google Earth and we found the tiny building on 21st & 'O' to be perfect for my fictitious project, Coffee Bean. I have discovered I still have Fallbrook on the brain with what came out on paper and I also know I will definitely benefit from design school in a couple of years to get more of a variety in design styles.

Reece starts swimming lessons at Union College on Monday! It'll be interesting to see if he's as much of a fish in water as he was last summer. Wow, I had never seen a toddler take to water like he did. He says he's excited, so I hope it's a good fit for him. I'm not looking forward to fitting into a swimming suit so soon in the season, but it's well worth it!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Didn't know you signed him up for lessons...that's GREAT! I'm sure he'll love it...and so will you :)
ReplyDeleteYes, you're correct on the 'google signature' thing. Anything to get people hooked!
ReplyDeleteI'd be glad to show you some of the 'tricks' to inserting photos in the location you want. Its kind of flukey, but once you understand how they've set it up, you will fly through it.
I'll send the Miller truck you're way, next time I see it.
Anne, the broom performance looked cool!
ReplyDeleteI am impressed how you are getting the pics fit so nice! I had the hardest time doing that as you might have noticed:-)
I just learned though that its supposed to be really easy to upload images to picasa web and then insert the link to the picture into the html column in the blog. that way its supposed to be easy to get pictures look nice in between text and to take less time doing that. I'll update you an how it goes once i try it!
John: if you know a better way, please tell me. I really started dreading updating my blog after a while.
Sounds like a "How to place pictures in a Blog" seminar is in order. You guys might also want to visit with Jessica..... she gave me a lot of clues when I was starting.
ReplyDeleteI use the HTML Edit option to place the photos and would be glad to show how that's done.
How about a 'blog party' at my house???
Michael, I'll let you know how lessons go tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteA blog party sounds great, John! I saw the HTML option, but it looks like a mess and confusing!
Ilja, it's been taking way more time than it should to set up the photos. I cracked up when I saw your last entry with the photos purged in there.
Thanks for reading, all!
Love the blog Anne!!!! Can't wait to catch the weekly updates!!!
ReplyDelete