Saturday, February 27, 2010

Kleenex Mountain

No eye candy on this blog... but I'm anxious to try the photo layout tips that John sent me!

I had a good visit with my Dad who was in town from MN a couple weeks ago. He continues to stay busy in retirement. He sings in a du-wop band that I'm looking forward to hearing this summer.

I took Reece to the doctor a couple weeks ago and he had double ear infections. She said both tubes had fallen out. After getting through his antibiotics, he was tugging at his ears earlier this week so I took him back in yesterday. His left ear is still infected. So he gets another checkup in 2 weeks, and if he gets another infection, he gets tubes put back in. If I was a bettin' woman, I'd bet the farm we'll be back in getting tubes in the near future. Ear infections are on the inside of the ear drum, so he should be able to continue with swimming lessons. Water in the ear does create pressure which would make a sore ear hurt worse. So if he says his ear hurts, then no swimming until it's better.

My past week has been one big blur of cold medicine. I have a whopper of a cold! I think it's getting better, finally. I have insurance that covers hospital stay only ($111/mo just for that!), so I'm doing everything I can to avoid another sinus infection which would mean a doctor visit.

My car is back and steering great! The power steering belt needed to be tightened and there was no charge since Diversified Auto were the guys who replaced my belts last fall. I've had really good luck at that place... If an honest auto shop exists, this one is it. This gave me a great opportunity to take a bus and learn about public transportation.

Vacations are being planned and I'm so excited to get away! A trip to TX Apr. 8 - Apr. 11 is in the works with Mike and the kids... but it will entail going to bed really early, then being on the road at 1am on the 8th. We're hoping the kiddos (mainly Reece) will sleep and we can make it in one day. Then we'd head back mid-afternoon and get home late so the kids can sleep after sunset. The girls will be scrunched in my car with the carseat in the middle which means a car rental is probably inevitable.

My cousin, Tom, is getting married late June, so we're planning a quick weekend trip. I'm excited Mike will be coming to meet my Mom's side of my extended family. The girls are with their Mom that week, so they'll be catching the next trip to MN. And that will be in July for the Miller family reunion - Dad's side. Hopefully I can talk Mike into a boat at Bass Lake and he'll find the fisherman in him he never knew existed!

Mike and I are planning a bike trip... date unknown at this time. It'll be my first so I'm really excited. I'm a little nervous about my backside holding up, but maybe I can find some memory foam for cushion. :)

My prayers are continuing for my Uncle Mick who is fighting cancer. I'm looking forward to seeing him in June at his son's wedding and not losing hope that the latest surgery and chemo will really work for him. I'm also sending prayers up for my 88-year-old neighbors/landlords in my duplex who got into a car accident a couple weeks ago. I believe another car was involved and they ended up hitting the brick wall/deer fountain at The Legacy on 56th & Pioneer. I walked up there to take a look at the damage last week... they had to get over a few boulders to get at the wall. I haven't been able to visit with my cold, but hopefully this week. My neighbors to the east said they will probably go into an assisted living home since Betty won't be able to walk for 3 months from the damage to her leg. Willard has 7 broken ribs and a broken sternum. Full healing is unlikely at his age. They are two tough cookies.

I had a nice girl-time with Mike's daughter's last night while he caught up with some college buddies in town. Maddie wanted to see My Sister's Keeper (highly recommended). I'm a big baby with movies and had been warned to have Kleenex on hand. Maddie asked me last night after watching the movie how we can prevent cancer and I don't think we can. It's one of those things in life we can't control. It's one of those movies that makes you think, "What would I do?"

My first term is coming to a close next week. I'm pre-registered for 5 classes next term: Pre-calc, Managerial Accounting, Religion in American Life, Theory of Lifetime Fitness, and a physical workout class. It'll be an expensive term so I'm counting on a little help from tax returns. March bills are paid! One month at a time.

Reece's daycare schedule changes starting next week to Tuesday - Thursday, 8 - 3:30 through the end of March. Then April on, it's Monday - Wednesday, 8 - 2:15 and Thursday, 8 - 11. This will be very different from his full-time daycare schedule now. It'll be nice to have more time with him and very challenging to get homework done.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Before you do the motorcycle trip, come over to my house. I have a 'gel' seat pad that straps on over the seat. It will make a world of difference to your 'bum'.
    I'll continue to patiently wait to see photos nicely organized throughout the text!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next blog is going to be beautiful, John, just wait and see.

    I am going to definitely take you up on the gel seat pad!!!

    ReplyDelete